Statement of Intent
This policy sets out how we at The Calm Water Practice use and protect the information that you provide when you use our services and our website.
It is our intention to ensure that any data you provide is managed respectfully, kept secure and only used for the purposes for which it has been provided.
This policy will be updated from time to time in line with prevailing legislation.
When you contact us via our website, phone or email we will collect your
· email address
· telephone number
What we do with this information: we use this information in order to contact you about appointments and to discuss your requirements.
At your initial consultation we will ask:
· for your name, address, telephone and email contact details so that we may contact you during the time we are working together;
· about your occupation or education and pastimes, health, family and what you are hoping to achieve with Solution Focused Hypnotherapy. The information you provide helps us get to know you, to plan future sessions and produce hypnotherapy scripts for use in your therapy sessions.
· for the contact details of the GP you are registered with. Some health conditions are contraindicated for hypnotherapy.
· for the contact details of your next of kin in case of an emergency.
In the course of our subsequent therapy sessions we will make a note of the information you provide us in order that we can continue to plan future sessions and scripts for you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations which are effective from 25th May 2018 you have the following rights as an individual:
· the right to be informed (which is why we have produced this policy),
· the right of access (if you wish to see your file then please make a request in writing to Sheila Singleton, the Data Processor. She will provide you with the information within 30 days of your request),
· the right to rectification (this is your right to request changes to any information we hold that is factually inaccurate. If you believe any of the information we hold about you is incorrect then please let us know as soon as possible and we will make the appropriate changes,
· the right to erasure (given the nature of our work we are required to hold our details for a period of 7 years, after this your information will be securely destroyed.),
· the right to restrict processing (we will only use the information for the purposes that I have stated: most standards of confidentiality applied in professional contexts are based upon the Common Law concept of confidentiality where the duty to keep confidence is measured against the concept of “greater good”. If in the therapist's opinion there is good cause to believe that not to disclose would cause danger or serious harm to self, the therapist or others, your GP or other appropriate agencies may be contacted. Only information required to ensure safety of relevant parties would be disclosed, Information may have to be disclosed without consent for the prevention, detection or prosecution of a crime. The sharing of anonymous case histories with supervisors and peer support groups is not a breach of professional confidentiality,
· the right to data portability: we will not share your information, other than in the situations described above, without your specific consent,
· the right to object (we will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given me specific agreement to do so),
· the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling (we will not use your information for profiling purposes.
We use a data processor for the purposes of administration (including appointment making) and accounts. The data processor is trained for GDPR purposes and fully compliant with the requirements.
Where sessions are conducted by webcam, e.g. Skype, Facetime, the sessions are recorded only for as long as it takes to write up the notes not taken contemporaneously. Once notes have been documented, the recording is deleted.
Cookies are small files which ask permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive so that we can analyse traffic to our site. Through this we can see which of our website's pages are being viewed and are of interest. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your setting to decline them if you prefer. If you choose to do this you may find you cannot make full use of our website.
Links to other Websites